|After almost two weeks since last picture|
Much have happened in this box in two weeks. Two weeks ago I made this post.
Sadly the Buttercrunch lettuce did not sprout but everything else did.
No soil is going into the DWC system so the soil was carefully washed away from each plant. The plants were then "planted" into a net cup together with clay pellets which will hold the plant in place. In hindsight it might have been easier/better to try to grow the seedlings in rockwool instead of soil.
The air curtain is placed in the bottom of the bucket. I'm also using a check valve which will prevent water from flowing backwards in case the power to the air pump is cut. This is important if the air pump is placed lower than the bucket.
|Water covering the bottom part of the net cup|
The Gold Label Hydro A+B nutrients are supposed to be mixed in equal quantities, 0.5 - 3 ml per liter. I started off with 0.25 ml per liter and I will gradually increase this when necessary. Also, do not mix A+B directly, always mix in the water.
|Transplantation to DWC done!|
This is the finished result. So far the plants seems to be happy.