Monday, May 20, 2013

Deep Water Culture progress after one week


DWC system one week ago
DWC system one week ago
I started the Deep Water Culture hydroponic system one week ago. This is how it looked back then. I quickly realized that the beans needed some kind of support since it likes to climb on things. Did some rearranging and built a ladder.

DWC system today
DWC system today
Beans reaching for the ceiling
Beans reaching for the ceiling

Not sure what the beans are looking for at the ceiling. I'm guessing I will soon find out.


Beans, Chinese Kale, Grand Rapids, Holy Basil and Chili
Beans, Chinese Kale, Grand Rapids, Holy Basil and Chili
I think the plants have grown a pretty well this week. No more nutrients were added since I started the DWC. I think I need an EC meter instead of guesstimating when more nutrients should be added and how much. It would certainly make it easier.

Roots of my Yard Long bean plant
Roots of my Yard Long bean plant 

The roots of all the plants have grown downwards into the bucket. The roots of the bean plants have grown the most. They are white in color which means they are healthy!

2 comments:

DaggeTeo said...

De jobbar på en stege till himlen :)

Apartment Grower said...

Haha ja, siktet inställt mot stjärnorna :)

Post a Comment